Forgotten Soldier-Joshua P.Simons

This is an excerpt of an interesting book to read.The writer outlined even the smallest details and made it seem you were in the story itself.

"......So, out of options, the king instructed the High Mages to use the Geneshan artifact,” I said. Ava nodded. “The plan was to use the power of the artifact to initiate a massive transfer portal from Hol to Balak’s location. They’d bring in the king’s personal guard along with every other mage available. The hope was to hit Balak hard and in all the confusion seize him.” “And you left?” I asked. “Snuck away that morning, right before they attempted the transfer portal. I didn’t sign up for that. I felt the power of that artifact. And I sat in on some of the preliminary studies of it. The Geneshans had every right to be scared of using it.
Dekar grunted. “Obviously.” “Well, at least the worst of it seems to be over,” said Ira. “I’m not sure,” said Ava. “What do you mean?” Dekar asked. “People are getting better. You’re finally up.” “Yes, but everything we learned about that Geneshan prophecy hinted that using the artifact would be the end of the world. Balls of fire dropping from the sky, earthquakes, and so on. If you can think of something bad, it’s supposed to happen after using this thing.” Ira stood. “C’mon. I bet most of those stories are just meant to scare little children.” “Explain the sky then,” Dekar said to his brother. “It doesn’t matter what time it is, day or night, but you can still see these bright colors over in the direction of Hol.” Ira waved a hand. “Just residual effects from the artifact. We’ve seen stuff like that on the battlefield before.” “Nothing like this,” said Dekar. “It’ll fade eventually.” Ira walked to the window, peering out in the direction of Hol. He grunted and then went quiet. Ira going quiet was never a good thing. “What?” I asked. “The sky’s changed.” “Changed how?” asked Ava, sitting up a bit more. “Well, it’s pulsing now. Going real bright, reds and oranges getting deeper in color. Then it dims, and it’s like its drawing itself back in.” He shrugged. “I guess the sorcery is fading already.” “Tyrus, get me to the window,” said Ava. She began to tuck the sheet underneath her legs and nudge herself over to the side of the bed. “Are you sure? You haven’t walked in days. Your legs might give out on you.” “I need to see things for myself.” Dekar came around and helped me guide her to the window. Ava didn’t shy away from his touch. Unlike the rift her and Ira always had, she and Dekar got along well. She put her head down as sunlight touched her eyes. “Tyrus, I need my hand back or I won’t be able to see anything. If you’re unwilling to let me go yet, then grab my shoulder.” I did, and she used the free hand to shield her eyes. She stared toward Hol for some time. We all did, actually. Confirming what Ira said about the pulses. After a minute, Ira couldn’t keep quiet. “Well? Was I right?” “No,” said Ava. “It may be pulsing, but it’s not going to fade away. It would have done that by now if that were the case. I think its building up for another eruption.” “You mean where weall feel like garbage again?” asked Ira. “That, and probably more,” said Ava. “We need to leave Denu Creek, Tyrus.” “And go where?” I asked. “If this is the end of the world, we can’t outrun it.” “Maybe. Maybe not. I’d rather at least try to go somewhere else than just sit and wait for whatever hell that artifact is going to cause. Who knows, if we get far enough away from Hol, the effects might be weaker. Maybe it’s just the end of the Geneshans’ world, not everyone’s.” “I could buy that,” said Ira. “What about you, Dekar?” I asked..."

To download the complete book please click on the Link below
http://waptrick.com/load-file/EB/16749/ebook/pdf/Forgotten_Soldiers_The_Tyrus_Chronicle_Book_One.pdf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wife Beater

Death For Sale;Smoking Is Not For Me.

Help Me Tell Them.