Death For Sale;Smoking Is Not For Me.

This poem was written by Breanna Weed,2004.
I had to practically 'excavate' it out to raise awareness about the dangers of smoking and lung cancer.

   There are many reasons why smoking is not for me,
   The reasons are simple and easy to see.

    I want to live a longer life...that's one of the reasons why,
    I want to be healthy and not prematurely die,

    There are 3800 chemicals found in tobacco smoke,
    Now you can see why smoking cause people to choke.

  Forty-three of these chemicals are known to cause cancer,
  So if you want to be healthy, smoking isn't the answer,

   Smoking is glamorous...cigarette companies have lied,
   I'm not poisoning my body with benzene, arsenic, or cyanide.

   I don't want nicotine to be my master,
   I don't want my heart to work harder,or pump faster.

   My life is precious,I have no desire to wheeze,
   I don't want to risk dying of heart disease,

   Cigarette smoking kill 3 million people a year,
   I don't want to be a statistic, I'll make that clear,

   Second hand smoke cause many people to die,
   I don't want to kill myself or my family and cause them to cry.

    I don't want smokers cough or shortness of breath,
    As I said before, I don't want to die a premature death.

   Smoking might be in[vogue]...it might be the latest fad,
   But I don't want to spend my money to make myself smell bad,

  I don't want to smoke and pollute other people's air,
  I want to be a good example and show I truly care.

  Smoking cigarettes is damaging and make sure to make you frail,
  You see the packs should really say...DEATH FOR SALE.

   Reasons for smoking are many, not few,
   Smoking isn't for me,and I hope it's not for you.

Wow,this sure is a beautiful piece and has said pretty much everything about how smoking isn't for you, I've never smoked before [save for the second hand smoking of course].
I'm  doing my part,will you do yours?Click the share button or drop some comments, We'll really appreciate it.
Thank Breanna Weed.
PS;I didn't miss the part where her Last name says 'weed'.[No pun intended].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wife Beater

Help Me Tell Them.